In Gaza, 95% of the water is unfit for consumption
In the West Bank, 70% of localities in Zone C are not connected to the water supply network
Population : 4,9 million
Gaza Strip (1.9 million inhabitants) and West Bank (3 million)
Programs : Food Security & Livelihoods, Access to Water and Sanitation, Child Protection and Well-being
Gaza Strip : Gaza, Khan Yunis and Rafah Regions
West Bank : Ramallah, Salfit and East Jerusalem Regions
Partnerships : UNRWA, One-Habitat, CMBM, OCHA
The RIS conducts projects in Gaza and the West Bank to support the resilience of vulnerable populations in the long term. These projects are targeting the following :
- Rehabilitation of agricultural land, support for agricultural production and small livestock (agricultural supplies, irrigation system, rainwater recovery tanks) and the start of economic activities.
- Distribution of food parcels for Ramadan and Eid Al Adha
- Protection of children, including orphans: sponsorship of 468 orphans in the West Bank and nearly 4,000 orphans in Gaza, economic and psychosocial support for orphans in Gaza and the West Bank.
- Distribution of school kits for the start of the new school year (Gaza)
- Distribution of gifts for Eid (Gaza)